From: John Dill <jdill1927@powerh.net>
To: fant367709@aol.com; gwdillatsaff@webtv.net; vittetoe@ixpres.com;
janicedill@powerh.net; n4353@cnsp.navy.mil; cpgarbanzo@worldnet.att.net;
mrguido@bellsouth.net; jlloyd@scires.com; rbmiller@aol.com;
moorer@champint.com; aa5xe@ktc.com; larryjscott@juno.com;
thompsonm2@navair.navy.mil; pvittetoe@hotmail.com
Subject: "100 Years of Great Women" /  Hanoi Jane
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 9:00 AM

(To include Jane Fonda in "100 Years of Great Women"
prompted the following)

Lest we forget ... "100 years of great women" -- Jane Fonda
should never be considered.    The first part of this is from an
F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

Folks,

There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but
Jane Fonda's participation in what I believe to be blatant treason,
is one of them.  Part of my conviction comes from exposure to
those who suffered her attentions.

In 1978, the Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a
former POW in Ho Lo Prison -- the "Hanoi Hilton."   Dragged from
a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean
PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace
Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.  During
the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp
Commandant's feet, accidentally pulling the man's shoe off --
which sent that officer berserk.   In '78, the AF Colonel still
suffered from double vision -- permanently grounding him --
from the Vietnamese Colonel's frenzied application of his wooden
baton.

>From 1983-85, Col Larry Carrigan was the 347th FW/DO (F-4Es).
He'd spent 6  years in the "Hilton" -- the first three of which he
was "missing in action".  His wife lived on faith that he was still
alive.   His group, too, got the cleaned /fed /clothed routine in
preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.  They, however, had
time and devised a plan to get word  to the world that they still
survived.   Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN
on it, in the palm of his hand.   When paraded before Ms. Fonda
and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand
and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you  sorry you
bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment
from your benevolent captors?"

Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver
of paper.   She took them all without missing a beat.  At the end
of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked
disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge ... and
handed him the little pile.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings.  Colonel Carrigan
was almost number four.

For years after their release, a group of determined former POWs,
including Col. Carrigan, tried to bring Ms. Fonda and others up on
charges of treason.   I don't know that they used it, but the charge
of  "Negligent Homicide due to Depraved Indifference" would also
seem appropriate.   Her obvious "granting of aid and comfort to
the enemy," alone, should've been sufficient for the treason count.

However, to date, Jane Fonda has never been formally charged with
anything and continues to enjoy the privileged life of the rich and
famous.

I, personally, think that this is shame on us, the American Citizenry.
Part of our shortfall is ignorance: most don't know such actions ever
took place.  Thought you might appreciate the knowledge.  Most of
you've probably already seen this by now ...  only addition I might
add to these sentiments is to remember the satisfaction of  relieving
myself into the urinal at some air base or another where  "zaps" of
Hanoi Jane's @#&#$% face had been applied.

===========================

To whom it may concern:

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Viet Nam, and was
captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Viet Nam in
1968, and held for over 5 years.   I spent 27 months in solitary
confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a
"black box" in Hanoi.

My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a
female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South
Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs.  (My normal weight
is 170 lbs).

We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."   When Jane Fonda was in
Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I
would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda.  I said yes, for I would
like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs were receiving,
which was far different from the treatment purported by the North
Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient."

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees
with outstretched arms with a piece of steel rebar placed on my
hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane every time my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours
after I was released.   I asked her if she would be willing to debate
me on TV.  She did not answer me.   Her husband, Tom Hayden,
answered for her.   She was mind controlled by her husband.  This
does not exemplify someone who should be honored as "100 Years
of Great Women."

After I was released, I was asked what I thought of Jane Fonda
and the anti-war movement.  I said that I held Joan Baez's husband
in very high regard, for he thought the war was wrong, burned his
draft card and went to prison in protest.  If the other anti-war
protesters took this same route, it would have brought our judicial
system to a halt and ended the war much earlier, and there wouldn't
be as many on that somber black granite wall called the Vietnam
Memorial.  This is democracy.   This is the American way.

Jane Fonda, on the other hand, chose to be a traitor, and went to
Hanoi, wore their uniform, propagandized for the communists, and
urged American soldiers to desert.   As we were being tortured,
and some of the POWs murdered, she called us liars.   After her
heros -- the North Vietnamese communists -- took over South
Vietnam, they systematically murdered 80,000 South Vietnamese
political prisoners.  May their souls rest on her head forever.

Shame!    Shame!

History is a heavy sword in the hands of those who refuse to forget
it.  Think of this the next time you see Ms. Fonda-Turner at  a
Braves game.