Re: I know this has been answered . . . .

At 05:33 PM 8/24/99 -0400, Robert McGwier wrote:
>I know this has almost surely been answered here but I wasn't
>paying attention 'til I started working on Quicktrak.  Are the
>two line element sets going to change with Y2K or will 00
>etc. be assumed to be 2000?

Suggest you look at http://www.amsat.org/amsat/features/y2k_transition.html

The short answer is that the format stays the same, 00 is assumed to be 2000, and don't forget the nasty habit some 2-line element generators have of dropping all the leading zeroes.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org