More on Y2K

Hi Guys,

Even if you have performed Y2K tests on your PC, and all looks OK, there is
one other thing you should do in your Windows95/98/NT operating system.
Don't ask me about Win3.x.  I don't know.

TEST:
Double click on "My Computer".
Double click on "Control Panel".
Double click on "Regional Settings" icon.
Click on the "Date" tab at the top of the page.

Where it says, "Short Date Sample" look and see if it shows a "two digit"
year.  That's the default setting for  Windows95, Windows98 and NT.  I
think this date is the date that feeds application software and it will
rollover to 00 in the year 2000.

Even though your PC is Y2K compliant, it may fail in some software if the
above is not done.  I am not completely sure of this, but you should know
it has failed in a couple of tests where the short date year was YY instead
of YYYY.

Click on the button across from "Short Date Style" and select the  Option
that shows, mm/dd/yyyy.  (Be sure your selection has four Y's showing, not
just two).

Then click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" at the bottom.  Easy enough to
fix.

There have also been a couple of Y2K fix patches posted on the Windows
95/98 Download pages.  Those of you with Windows98 can select the Windows
Update link from the Start Menu and get the update.  Those with Windows95,
go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/default.asp and find the
download there.

--
73, Roy