Re: FM Repeaters, time for new ideas ?

> Assi had some thoughts following the threads regarding problems with
> the current FM [satellites]...
>
> One uplink ... for mobile operators, and the other for base operators.

Actually, I think, in many cases these two stations have equal chances.

The 5w HT and a handheld Arrow antenna has an ERP of about 25 watts. BUT
it is easily aligned to the satellite.. in both elevation AND polarity.

The base station with 50 watts usually suffers many dB of polarity
missmatch and is also many dB down during the middle of the pass.
Thus, I think the HT and arrow actually puts more energy on the satellite
most of the time.  But neither can compete with an "OSCAR" class station
with AZ/EL tracking...  oh well....