Paccomm NB-96 / IC-821H Question

I just received a Paccomm NB-96 in the mail yesterday and hooked it to my
radio.  I used the following pinout:

    NB-96
IC-821H
    Pin 1 (Tx Audio)                                                 Pin 4
(AFSK/GMSK output)
    Pin 4 (Rx Audio)                                                 Pin 5
(AF/GMSK input)
    Pin 3 (PTT)                                                        Pin 3
(PTT)
    Pin 2 (Gnd)                                                        Pin 2
(Gnd)
    Pin 5 (RFDCD - I thought this was squelch           Pin 6 (squelch
output)

I can transmit from the radio when I try a "Connect" command, but I don't
hear any audio coming from the radio.  Now, it's been a while since I worked
packet, but I thought that the user should be able to hear the audio coming
from his/her radio.  Have I made an error in my connection?

Also, be prepared for lots of WiSP questions regarding my setup.  Is there
an instruction manual *anywhere* on this software or is it just "trial by
fire?"

Thanks,
Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv     kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org