Space Symposium?

An airline ticket sale is going on and I am considering going to the
AMSAT Space Symposium.  However, I haven't yet figured out what dates
to attend.  The Web page says the symposium will be all day Friday,
October 8 and Saturday, October 9.  Sunday and Monday are an IARU meeting
and an AMSAT board meeting.  Are these meetings open to anyone?  Even
if they are open, would I be happier hanging out on the beach, (or even
simply coming home)?

Thanks,
	-tjs