Mode-S

After about 5 years of gathering dust, I finally took my few extra years of
experience (and test equipment gathering), and fixed my old Down East
Microwave Mode-S converter and pre-amp.

I was wondering, what is the status of DO-17 and UO-11 for actual real world
testing?  I understand that UO-11 is at half power, etc. but
has anyone actually heard either bird at 2.4 GHz lately?  I don't want to
waste the time fabricating an antenna if I cannot hear either one.

Thanks.

Fred W0FMS