Re: 9600 baud challenge (was: Re: tnc-modem Query)

I used to use a modified Bearcat Scanner ($89 US) (Tapped the MC1357 at the
discriminator output, later did a filter mod to open up the BW a bit) and a
IC-27A Icom (PLL tapped) for uplink in the days I operated KO-23.  Oh, yeah,
I armstronged the recv antenna, and just pointed a 4-ele homebrew Yagi
stright up for the uplink.

The MFJ TNC, computer and Paccom 9600 G3RUH modem were the only expensive
items.. had them already, and it could be done much cheaper
now.  (Linux & Soundcard)

I was just out of college, no job and dead broke at the time.

Does this qualify?