Re: What equipment do people use for AO10

In a message dated 8/9/99 10:36:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
darren.rainer@eyretel.com writes:

> Hi , Im interested what equipment people are using for Ao10 operation. I
>  seem to be able to use AO10 some of the time but my uplink sigs seem to be
>  struggling. I currently have a 19 ele on 70cm but can always get in even
>  when I can hear the downlink quite strong.

Equipment here:

KLM 22C 22 el 2M CP antenna with polarity switching
KLM 40CX 40 el 435 CP antenna with polarity switching
G-5400B rotor system
Antennas are spaced at 12'
AirCom Rotor jumpers
SSB SP-2000 and SP-7000 mast mount preamps
1/2" Hardline on 2M to the shack
7/8" Hardline on 70cm to the shack.
VHF engineering 2M amp (150 watts)
Teletec 70 cm amp (150 watts)
Yaesu FT-736R with muTek mods on 2M and 70cm (radio also has 222 and 1296)

Sounds like part of your uplink problem may be polarity reversal. You didn't
say, but I bet you're using a linear antenna??

Hope this helps.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649