9600 baud challenge (was: Re: tnc-modem Query)

Rather than forking out major money at the ham radio store, I'd
like to issue a challenge: what is the cheapest setup people can
come up with to receive from the 9600 baud satellites? I don't
care if it's homebrew, or modified commercial gear, or whatever.
I don't care how ugly it is. Just as long as it's cheap, and
receives 9600 baud.

Let's worry about transmitting later. You can't work them if you
can't hear them...

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte
Satellite: VA3SFL on UO-22, KO-25