Re: Total Solar Eclipse

"Andrew N. Hardy" writes:

> may I bring to your attention that the Discovery Channel will start
> LIVE coverage of the eclipse ...

As far as I can see the media haven't yet cottonned on to the fact that
Mir will grace the same skies as the eclipse. I'd call the BBC but they're
gonna have so many crazys phoning about it that this gem may fall on
stony ground.

Anyone with direct input to the media might like to tip them off (then we
all get to see Mir on TV as well as the rest of the fun). I wonder if the
Mir crew know about it ?

Weather forecast for Cornwall is *not* looking good but BBC say they will
have an aircraft as well as ground-based cameras.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188