Re: Total Solar Eclipse

(William B Magnusson) writes:

> This message concerns NOAA-14 and next Wednesday's total eclipse.

This message concerns Mir and next Wednesday's eclipse.

There is a Mir pass over southern Europe at about the same time as the
eclipse. Chance of a visual sighting ... in the daytime.

Anyone planning to watch the eclipse from a point in (or near) totality
might care to plot Mir's path beforehand and, whilst goggling at the
stellar light (or absence of it) show, take the occasional look elsewhere
to see if Mir shows up.

Thats if the sky is clear ... fully overcast in London this morning and
weather forecast is not good.

Don't credit me with discovering this, it came from someone else. I can't
remember who - might be G3RUH.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org