RE: WiSP32

Bill:

The KCT on Win3.1/95/98 does not use an installed driver, and the
KCT is not plug and play, so the device detection process you are
referring to: 1) does not happen, and 2) has no driver to install
anyway. A user mode DLL makes calls directly to the ports on the
card.

To get the card to work make sure of three thigs:

1) The address is set on the card,
2) you are using the same address in the software, and
3) the address is not already in use (use WinMSD, or MSD, to check this).

- Mark West

-

Hi all,

Thanks for reading this post.

I have a friend who is wrestling with getting WiSP32 up and running. I'm
still plodding along with a 486 and WiSP16 so I'm not a lot of help to him.

Main stumbling block seems to be the Kansas City Tracker/Tuner driver. The
auto-detect feature in his computer won't recognise that the KCT/T card is
there so it doesn't bring on the driver installation routine. Going through
the 'non-plug-n-play' route doesn't do anything either, so we're stumped.
Probably missing something quite simple. Can some-one help please?

I'll be going through this exercise soon myself so I'm very interested in
solving it for my friend (Bob, vk3bu).

Thanks in anticipation,

My best regards to all,

Bill...vk3jt