Re: 6M sat?

Hi Jeffrey,

It may be difficult to find any substantial bandwidth in the 6m band which
will not be severely affected by the numerous noise sources on 6m;  TV
video / audio carriers, wind-shear radar, military communications, etc etc

If it weren't for the noise sources and regulatory issues, then it would
probably work about the same as 10m...  might as well just use 10m (or even
better, use 2.4GHz, which is right at the peak of the earth-space window).

(6m was the first band I was operational on, and I was also disappointed
that there was no satellite activity to be had there....  perhaps you could
modify a Drake 2880 to provide an output on 6m, giving you 4MHz worth of
the 2.4GHz band?)

73 Chris vk6kch