Re: 6M sat?

In message <3.0.6.32.19990806001629.007cab70@mail.arkansas.net>, Jamie
Hutches <jmhutches@harding.edu> writes
>I'm just curious as to why no one has ever put up a 6 meter sat? Has anyone
>tried or is there something wrong with 6M?
>
>Thanks,
>Jamie, Kd5GOB  EM45
>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi Jamie,

Possible reasons:
Looking at the Bandplans here in the UK it states that there is no
satellite allocation, at least not in the section we can use (50.000 -
52.000 MHZ). Also parts of the band are still in use for broadcast
television in some parts of Europe and not all countries have an Amateur
allocation on the band or have strict limits on the power which can be
used.

73  John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk         M1BTR@GB7SKG
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm       Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS