Re: HTX-100 working the satellites

Jeff,

>   I used the HTX-100 and the Hamtronics 435 - 10 receive downconverter for
>  the digital satellites AO-16 and LO-19 and also FO-20 and FO-29. It
>  worked great for me for several years. Its also a great low cost way to
>  take advantage of the 435 MHz downlink satellites.

Ditto here.  My first mode J downlink system.  I found the Hamtronics
downconverter very sensitive and did not have a preamp.  I mounted it in my
attic about 10' from the antenna.  It is not very selective, though, and is
subject to overload.  I later put a preamp where the downconverter was
located when I got a 70 cm rig in the shack.  That old Hamtronics is still on
the air.  If you hear XE2YVW on FO-20, it's still going strong.

73,
Jerry, K5OE