Re: R: 834 nM

Hi,

At 10:34 PM 02/08/1999 +0100, Gabriel Pesarini, IKØHIT wrote:

>See some interesting messages by Dr. Thomas A. Clark (W3IWI) dated 99-02-03
>on this very BB for a more scientific explanation.

[rest of message below]

If you're like me, and don't have that email message, you can obtain it via
ftp at:

ftp://ftp.amsat.org/archive/amsat-bb-digest/v1999.n076

File size is about 42kB.

(Don't waste time downloading v1999.n038...  the date "99-02-03" above
seems to be YY-DD-MM, thus refers to the 2nd of March 1999, which is file
v1999.n076)

This is a text file created in a unix-type environment.  To get the CR-LF
at each end of line (for ease of viewing in a DOS/Windows environment), I
simply opened it in DOS EDIT, saved it, and was then able to easily view it
in notepad etc.

Oh, the content?  Well, it mainly relates to passive reflection, but the
calculations are interesting, and it does conclude that the answer is to
install an active device in the satellite...  sounds like P3D!

(I wonder if local councils have planning restrictions for telescopes too?)

73 Chris vk6kch