R: 834 nM

-----Original Message-----
From: Stan <stan@capeonramp.com>
To: Robert Winingham <kc5ejk@onramp.net>; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Date: 1999 August 01 Sunday 18:52
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 834 nM

 >visible red light is at a higher frequency and shorter wavelength than
 >violet light.

No. Visible red light is at a lower frequency and consequently a longer
wavelength than violet light.

 >(non-visible) Near Infrared light is at a higher frequency then
 >visible red light.

No. Near-IR is at a lower frequency and consequently a longer wavelength
than (visible) red light.

 >The 834 nano-meter (solid state) laser will not be visible to our eye.

Yes. Vision ends at about 720nanom, 416.7THz; your mileage may vary.

However, even if it were in the visible part of the spectrum it would be
about as easy to see as it is to win the Florida Lottery.

See some interesting messages by Dr. Thomas A. Clark (W3IWI) dated 99-02-03
on this very BB for a more scientific explanation.

 >Stan, WA1ECF

Regards to all.

Gabriel Pesarini, IKØHIT
ik0hit@amsat.org