RE: Let's get on the air!

Boy, you got a task ahead of you.  I am running an IC-820, about 50
watts out, into a Tri-band copper cactus.  I also have the SSB
electronics pre-amps.  My experience with AO-27 and SO-35 is that
this set-up will work, but unless you are one of the regular "good-ole-
boys", it isn't going to be enough to keep them from covering you up.
I am going to some big beams and an amp just as soon as this next
3 weeks of overtime are finished.  (160 watt 432 amps are expensive!)
Give it a try, you might hear your voice in between the jabber-jaws
once or twice per pass.  Good luck.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/