Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

Something else worth mentioning about the 10 meter downlink receiving:

I've used a lot of different rigs to listen to the Mode A  birds over the
years, and one
thing I bought a long time ago was an  AMECO  "PLF" preamp.  It really
helped some
of those old tube receivers on 10 meters!   Also the AMECO's will work up
to 6 meters,
and they DO HELP on 6.

There are two basic different kinds of AMECO preamps:

"PT" which is a preamp that has switching in it so you can use it with a
transceiver.
I don't know what kind of transistor this one has in it, but it works OK.

"PLF"  which is a receive ONLY preamp. No switching.  Has a 40673
transistor in it
and works very well, even on 6 meters.

One of the local guys told me he saw a "PT" at the swap meet today for
$15.00.

73,
John, K6YK