From: Robert McGwier [mailto:rwmcgwier@home.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 1999 11:51 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Recent launch failures

This is not only happening in the aerospace industry, it is also
happening in government and many other places.  In many
agencies in the government they offer these elaborate
inducements to get the higher paid, skilled, knowledgeable,
etc. to go to early out, etc.  The ones that leave are the ones
that can find better paying, more interesting jobs, and now
do so with a cushion under them.    A lot of this was done
at the demands of congress to downsize and streamline
and to turn things over to industry that used to be done
by government employees.  NASA, DOD, DOE, and
many of the other agencies/departments with largely
technical missions have undergone an AMAZING brain drain
n the last decade.  It is not good.

Bob