Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

At 23:02 7/30/1999 -0500, Jim Shorney wrote:

<Snip>

>The HF end of it doesn't have to be expensive either.  Older HF rigs
>can often be found at hamfests for dirt cheap.  HR2510's and HTX100's
>for 10 meters are plentiful and reasonable.  There are many synthesized

I must be going to the wrong hamfests.  I often see comments similar to the
one above about all mode 2 meter rigs also.  I am a regular at the Miami
hamfest, and spent many hours in the flea market area of Dayton this year.

The very best price I found recently on a Uniden 10 meter rig was more than
the rig sold for new.  Perhaps we should include a section on bartering
when the new questions pools are created.

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@amsat.org or k4rs@iname.com
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM
Satellite: K4RS @ UO-22, KO-25, or TO-31