Re: AO-27 doppler and airborne "ground" stations?

Maggie,

(re: aircraft mobile satellite QSOs)

If the bird is yours, one thing that works well and is easy to do is a bnc
balkhead mount through the skin.  Just attach your rubber duckie to the
outside.  Of course the local rent-a-plane company might frown on that.  The
other problem might be where to put it.  Normally, you'd put it on the belly,
but for a satellite pass it might be better on top.

I've never tried an airborne satellite qso, but regular FM simplex is fun.  Be
sure you have a good noise cancelling mic.  I even made one contact from under
a parachute.

Blue skys,
JC