Re: AO-27 Freq, and my first AO-27 QSO

Jamie Hutches wrote:

> ..but what it the downlink? In one list I have seen it was listed as
> 436.8 which I tried. But I just saw the AMSAT update bulletin which said
> it was 436.792. Which Is it?

Just did my first AO-287 QSO today.

The downlink Dopplers---shifts up as the satellite approaches and down as it
moves away. I've heard it start out as high 436.805 and finish up as low as
436.795.

Here's a copy of the message I tried to get out to the other stations I heard--I
did hear my callsign confirmed but wasn't sure which station was speaking;
perhaps the other stations I haven't found email addresses for monitor this
list: