Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

I agree with you, Jim!

I started out on the analog sats with a Regency HR-2B (FM box) with one
crystal
to transmit in the center of the passband of Oscar 6,  a vertical
antenna, and
received with a Heathkit HW-101.  Made  LOTS  (I mean hundreds) of
contacts
that way before upgrading to an  AMECO  TX-62 with a VFO (WOW!!!!).
Stayed
with that for a few years and finally got a 2 meter allmode second or
third
or fourth hand and kept it for about 14 years before upgrading again.

Nowadays even the 2 meter allmodes are getting VERY reasonable on the
second-hand market. (Heck of a lot cheaper than a  dual band  FM
handi-talkie with
all the bells & whistles).

73,
John, K6YK