Re: FM Satellites (Millennium Project)

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:13:57 -0400, "KF4FDJ (Mike in Ft. Myers, FL)" <seven77@gate.net> wrote:

> "Stand by, I'll get my dispatcher on the radio.  Tell me again where you
> are.  Are you still on Standing Indian Mountain?  Do you know what
> county you're in?"

<snip>

> Jeff works as an officer for the Jefferson County Sheriffs office.  He
> made
> contact with his dispatcher, who made contact with Franklin County EMS.
> Within 20 minutes, Ted is airlifted from atop the mountain to the
> Franklin hospital.

Me work a satellite while on duty <evil sarcastic grin>?

> A couple weeks later, Jeff received a QSL card in the mail.  Across the
> front of the card was a caricature of Jeff wrestling a rattle snake.
> The words, "Snake Bit!" graced the front.  It was for a very rare grid
> indeed.

Steve does have some cool cards, doesn't he <g>?

Jeff

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           --- HP200LX & BayPac.. QRP Packet At It's Best! ---
           ---- Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key ----