My first QSO into space with Mir last night

Hi all, at 17.21 GMT last night I had my first QSO into space with Mir. I
found it very rewarding after putting my new 9 ele beam up. Next step is to
work OSCAR 10 which I could hear last night when it was at 4 degrees above
the horizion over central America. Equipment this end is
FT847 with 2m pre-amp and 9 ele on 2m and 19 ele on 70cm on the same boom. I
have modified the beam to tilt at approx 35 degrees which seems to work
ok. I would like to have much larger antennas but being in the middle of a
town this is the best I can do.
73s all de Darren G4VTQ - Town of Burgess Hill, West Sussex, England

Regards

Darren Rainer
Tel : 01403 214411
Fax: 01403 214420