Re: Groundstation cost, etc.

Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield wrote:

> I guess the ultimate in easy sats is Iridium.  Does anyone know what those
> phones cost?  Maybe even the deluxe amateur set up is really on the cheap.

I don't know what the phones cost, but I do know that the company is in very
deep financial trouble and has laid off much of its work force -- they may
even be in bankruptcy proceedings -- so I don't think it would be a great
model for AMSAT to follow!
--
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
 "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would