Fw: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

Hi Mike:

I refer to the recent discussion amsat-bb is having in regards to future
satellite projects.  As you know currently a Strategy Team is trying to plow
this ground and I am sure that they are listening to this debate for
ingredients to this much needed but delicate recipe.

While I think this debate is healthy and good for the organization, I am
amused by your following comment to Paul Williamson, KB5MU regarding his
critique of your proposal:

>I'm sorry you don't think this is an interesting possibility, but, I'm
>not surprised.  With over 2000 sat contacts, I couldn't find a logging
>for you, and I thought I've worked just about everybody!
>
>Perhaps one of these days YOUR bus will reach its destination, and
>you'll finally see that 8th wonder of the world.
>All kidding aside, keep up the good work Paul, and I'm sure we'll see
>bigger and colorful things from your camp soon!

Probably the main reason that you haven't worked Paul is that he spends most
of his AMSAT time making sure www.amsat.org  and amsat-bb, et.al. are up and
running. I know he has also contributed much time to some designs that are
flying on Phase 3D.

AMSAT is a lot of things to a lot of folks with each providing a valuable
service.  That's why there is no single strategy/solution for AMSAT.  Rather
it a volunteer organization that requires folks to dive in, justify and
carve out their nitch for the value of the entire organization. They can't
rely on others to do. And, sometimes we don't realize the value (or damage)
of these efforts until after the fact. And as Dick Jansson sez "This is
AMSAT!"

73,

Russ Tillman, K5NRK
Vicksburg, Mississippi.