Re: packet via sound card (flexnet)?

>Does it work in DOS before starting Windows?

[the scope works correctly but no traffic is displayed in BCT on MON mode on
a 1200b APRS chanel and a local packet bulleten board, also I had a friend
try to send packets on a prearanged freq.]

And is your sound hardware
>really _hardware_ SB compatible (as opposed to software SB emulation)?

[How would I be able to tell?  My sound card (or chip) is preinstalled on
the laptop]

>Does your BIOS initialize (download the sequencer code) to the ES1987?

[Is bios like autoexec? and what is a sequencer code?  (I am a user trying
to familiarise myself with these terms and devices so be patient with me as
I am determined to get this thing running.)]

> > environment with the sound blaster driver (maestro.com)and flexnet
>loaded
>
>What is maestro.com supposed to do?

[I was told by the computor guru in my physics department it was the dos
driver that I probably needed for this aplication???]

> > games).  Also, I have only been able to receive two messages on a very
>busy
> > packet frequency after monitoring a generous amount of time.  I want to
>
>What mode are you using? 9k6 might not work with some soundcards
>that have highpass filters at their input
>
>Tom
[Thank tou Tom & 73's de KQ6UP]