Re: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

At 04:56 PM 7/27/99 -0400, you wrote:
>THat it would be nice to hve an FM channel with a gentlemens 5W ERP limit
>for all routine operations.  THis WOULD then permit the AMSAT-UK demo, or
>anyone with an emergency to run 50W under "an exception" and be heard.

I like the idea and would follow it. One problem is that
if we only used 5 watts ERP in the West most of the pass
would be filled with bootlegger fishermen when the satellite is
Northwest of us and Spanish "who know what but no callsigns heard"
when the foot print reaches south of the US border.  Some of those
signals down south are hard to get over even with 100 watts of
ERP. I would like to know what some of them are running!

A tone could block there signal if every one else would run 5 watts ERP.
But then we would have a quiet satellite. More time to charge its batteries!!

73, Randy N7SFI