STS-93

Thanks Will for your reply...but I suspect the general
amateur contact count for U.S passes will go on
record as unusually low.  I was present for every
U.S pass in range of NC. and heard downlink activity
on only one of the several technically viable passes
and that was to a school.  Again all other passes
exhibited no activity and could certainly have been
running packet in a stand alone fashion during those
periods.

I got to tell you, It's nice and all that amateur radio
can function as an educational tool and links the
hobby with that last remaining vestige of
credibility, but it appears SAREX has and I'm afraid
ARISS could forget that it is the amateur spectrum
that they are operating in, meaning that it must not
lose sight of the people it will have to serve in
order to legally function in the amateur spectrum.

Anyway, thanks again Will and hope to see amateur
operations with ARISS in the not too distant future.

73 de Steve