Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

JC,
I couldn't agree more....Anyone reading the ridiculous banter regarding the
FM satellites is a certain preview of ISS if the same mode prevails.  How
stupid!  If "COMMUNICATION" is not possible, why bother...If the goal is to
"see" your callsign somewhere, send yourself an e-mail.  The degrees of
skill are about equal.

At 04:51 AM 7/27/99 GMT, you wrote:
>The only way to benefit from more analog FM satellites in orbit would be
to put
>them up in formation.  Otherwise there will just be more passes for the same
>people to hog.  If we can't get another P3 bird up there then let's put the
>effort into FO-20/29 type equipment.
>
>I used to do demos (mostly receiving, but some contacts) on AO-21 and
AO-27.  I
>don't any more.  They sound too much like a repeater jammers convention... a
>very poor demonstration of amateur radio operation.
>
>My $0.02 worth.
>
>JC Smith,k0hps@amsat.org
>

>----

         73 Dave   wb6llo@amsat.org