From: Mark Johns <mjohns@cfu.net>

Actually, Dave, I *think* you are only about 90% correct.  There is
no (documented, at least) way to send a command over the CAT
interface to select a particular memory channel.  However, I have
been experimenting with writing my own software for the FT-847 CAT
interface, and have had only a short time to play with my creation.
But it appears to me that when you send the CAT command to enable
satellite mode, it recalls the satellite memory channel that was
last used.  So if you manually select the proper memory channel
first, that may solve the problem.  (I have not tested this
exhaustively, and specifically have not tested anything to do
with the 9600 baud parameter, so take this post with a grain of
salt, or better yet, TRY it with your commercial software!)

John Toscano, KB0ZEV, EN34js
Satellite Rookie, Experienced Programmer (and a few other things!)
Richard J. Lawn, Professor
Co-Director, Jazz Studies
(512) 471-2369
School of Music