Re: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

Hee hee :-)

Jeff Johns wrote:
> Interesting idea, but what if say I'm working in a jungle/rainforest type
> setting and I need to make an emergency communication with of of these birds
> and my cell phone is broken and all I have is the ham gear. I am going to
> want to use as much power as I can in this situation in order to gaurantee
> that someone hears my call for help, but what would happen is the darn
> transponder would turn itself off leaving me stuck in the jungle while being
> attacked by a group of headhunters who want to behead me....... :(

If all of the birds in this fleet had a secondary tone to which they
would respond, then emergency, search and rescue, wilderness, and
priority traffic users could program that tone and trip whichever bird
is in eyesight.  That priority function could even include an audible
overlay on the audio so EVERYBODY would recognize the call as emergency,
and SOMEBODY would respond.  The "alligator" function would of course be
disabled for this mode!

73, Mike in Fort Myers, FL
                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )