Re: Mir / STS-93

The antenna had to move between window one and window six due to orbiter
pointing requirements for a higher priority payload than SAREX.  The
antenna also had to be removed fairly frequently to allow window access
for other payloads.  I never see enough amateur radio activity on these
short shuttle flights.  The crews have *many* other things to do
however.  We are lucky to get as much support as we do.  Things will be
a whole lot easier on ISS once the crew settles down.  External antennas
and more power will help a lot.

--
Will Marchant, KC6ROL
CHIPS Lead Software Engineer