Re: packet via sound card (flexnet)?

Christopher Maness wrote:

 > I am having problems getting flexnet to run correctly.  Specifically:  I
 > have not been able to get my flex net to run in win 98 (I have not seen any
 > traces on the scope in the application smdiag.exe in the win98 environment).
 >   Does anyone know why?  Another problem I am having is my computer

Does it work in DOS before starting Windows? And is your sound hardware
really _hardware_ SB compatible (as opposed to software SB emulation)?
Does your BIOS initialize (download the sequencer code) to the ES1987?

 > environment with the sound blaster driver (maestro.com)and flexnet loaded

What is maestro.com supposed to do?

 > games).  Also, I have only been able to receive two messages on a very busy
 > packet frequency after monitoring a generous amount of time.  I want to

What mode are you using? 9k6 might not work with some soundcards
that have highpass filters at their input

Tom