Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, KF4FDJ (Mike in Ft. Myers, FL) wrote:

> > The only way to benefit from more analog FM satellites in orbit
> >  would be to put them up in formation.
> Just the sort of progressive thinking this project needs.  Properly
> spaced, and supported by shear numbers, the load would be lifted from
> the "18 minute bird,"...

But impossible to do on an amateur budget.  Takes fuel, attitude control
systems, etc.  Adds two orders of magnitude to the cost and complexity of
each satellite.

Random orbits is fine for our needs.  (we dont have to match consumer
demands for 100% availability).  My guess would be that about 10 on
the FM builders channel would result in minimum overlaps, yet provide
adequate use times.

de WB4APR, Bob