Re: FM satellites (was: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE)

JC,

Thanks for your response!

JC_Smith@designlink.com wrote:

> The only way to benefit from more analog FM satellites in orbit would be to put
> them up in formation.
Just the sort of progressive thinking this project needs.  Properly
spaced, and supported by shear numbers, the load would be lifted from
the "18 minute bird," and you could go back to your very important
demos.

There are several methodologies for spacing the birds for optimized
coverage.  I don't think a "shotgun" approach is the proper tact, but a
coordinated, perhaps even ground station linked array would be the best
path.

Since one aspect of my proposal entails using a digipeat module,
overload would not be near the problem a voice only bird would present,
at least not for digital users.  Packet bursts are efficient time
slices, and protocols using AKS would ensure success.

73, Mike in Fort Myers, FL

                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )
                                    \_)