Amateur satellites slated for launch in September

Some of this published information is a bit out of date.
I note these items after a quick glance:
- The JPL S band beacon will not fly on Falconsat
- This launch is now officially mid October.
- The Falconsat web page is considerably out of date.  I have a couple of
cadets lined up to update it and add photos and information during August.
I'll post a note to amsat-bb when that is done.

While Falconsat is not an amateur bird it does run 9k6 FM using the same
software base as our digital Microsats and UoSats.  Amateurs may be
interested in watching its downlinks at 400.475 or 400.680; Wisp and
similar software may be used.  It will be on only when in view of the Air
Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where it was built and will be
controlled.  Falconsat contains a very interesting experiment (CHAWS-LD) to
measure charges that build up on the surface of satellites on the ram and
wake sides.

Jim White
Colorado Satellite Services
jim@coloradosatellite.com