Re: FM Awards, etc.

On Mon, 26 Jul 99 15:36:13, "Gary Mayfield" <ka0yos@choicetech.net> wrote:

> I for one will agree with Bob on this one (Bob and I often disagree!).  I was surprised to learn a while back that such contacts could be counted.  It is unique that contacts through an FM repeater can be counted if it is in orbit, but not anywhere els
> e.  Not for terrestrial 2 meter VUCC, or Field Day, etc.

But to make contact using a repeater travelling at approximately 18,000MPH
that is several hundred miles away is much more of a challenge than to work
the machine on your local hilltop or tall building.

> P.S. Please send flames directly to ka0yos@amsat.org

Not a flame, just an opinion <g>.

Jeff

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           --- HP200LX & BayPac.. QRP Packet At It's Best! ---
           ---- Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key ----