FM Awards, etc.

On Monday, 26 July 1999, WB4APR wrote:

> Make sure that no Awards, nor certificates nor any other QSO
> recognition can be made for any two-way QSO's on the FM birds.

I for one will agree with Bob on this one (Bob and I often disagree!).  I was surprised to learn a while back that such contacts could be counted.  It is unique that contacts through an FM repeater can be counted if it is in orbit, but not anywhere else.  Not for terrestrial 2 meter VUCC, or Field Day, etc.

Just My $.02,
Joe

P.S. Please send flames directly to ka0yos@amsat.org