packet via sound card (flexnet)?

I am having problems getting flexnet to run correctly.  Specifically:  I
have not been able to get my flex net to run in win 98 (I have not seen any
traces on the scope in the application smdiag.exe in the win98 environment).
  Does anyone know why?  Another problem I am having is my computer
(Toshiba, Satellite 2065cds Laptop with a ESS, ES1987S Soundblaster
compatible soundcard) shuts down for no apparent reason when I'm in this dos
environment with the sound blaster driver (maestro.com)and flexnet loaded
even when I am not running the Baycom software (e.g. playing dos based video
games).  Also, I have only been able to receive two messages on a very busy
packet frequency after monitoring a generous amount of time.  I want to
arrange a time with a friend to send some packet to me to make certain this
is a problem on my end.  I have spent many hours trying to get this software
to work with little success;I need help.  If you or anyone you know can
help, please fwd this message to them.  I am anxious to get this software up
and running.

                                         73's de KQ6UP