Re: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

I am deeply shocked by reading this message. In the Colloquium programm was
(secretly) announced that SO-35 would
be active during the last weekend, and I checked most of the passes on
Saturday. Of course anyone would be thrilled to work
a new satellite, so please Richard also except my appologies for some qso's
too much on SO-35... it's man's selfish nature.
On Saturday Reinhard DJ1KM did call for G7HIA/P and there was lots of free
space to call. (I tought G7SUU was in Surrey hi)
I don't agree with having more FM birds in space. Frustration is the only
result. Watch AO-27 on sunday... you'll see.
Only the <Alligators> (big mouth small ears) will have "succes" and the
less powerfull, call it <Rabits> (big ears small mouth) will be frustrated
and write messages about hamspirit and so.
Hopefully this incident will not discourage new sat-enthousiasts being
whitness of the wonderfull world of amateur satellite.
I started at 16 in '95, without a license, trying to receive images from
WO-18. Those times I stayed up at night, came back from
school at noon to copy one WO-18 pass, with in one hand my food and the
other hand my tuning button. Maybe one-way direction traffic (DO-17)
encourages the beginner to make a step to SSB transponders, where there is
place for anyone. (RS, FO)
FM-reapeaters in space offer almost no place for a huge ammount of
potential operators. But indeed, satellite beginners interrested
in DX would be glad to have FM-repeaters with ... <Rabits> ... this knife
cuts on two sides.

I have a record on tape of SO-35 on sunday. Interrests can have it.

Hopefully, we aren't the losers if we can learn from our mistakes.
Again,  Appologies from my side taking precious demonstration time from
G7HIA/P.