Re: [sarex] Re: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Randolph Kohlwey wrote:

> At 12:14 AM 7/26/99 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> >AMSAT intl should formalize two items throughout amateur radio:
> >
> >1)  Make sure that no Awards, nor certificates nor any other QSO
> >recognition can be made for any two-way QSO's on the FM birds.
>
> I guess that would include:
>
> 	Mir Unproto, Mir UHF Repeater,
> 	UO-22, KO-23,KO-25,TM-31,UO-36 unproto
> 	AO-16,WO-18,LO-19,IO-26 unproto (FM up)
> 	AO-27, SUNSAT
> 	and in the near future:
> 	ASUSAT, JAWSAT, OPAL, STENSAT

No, the first line of my message said "for AO27 and SUNSAT..."  These
single-user assets should be made off limits for contesting and or
any awards.  *OR* permit "contacts" to include dis-joint RECEPTION REPORTS
also.  If station A hears station B, and Station B hears station A via the
same RF path (at any time), then let that count.  This should cut down on
each station thinking he has to individually contact every other station
individually and totally hogging every pass...

de WB4APR, Bob