Re: [sarex] Re: Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

At 12:14 AM 7/26/99 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>AMSAT international should formalize two items throughout amateur radio:
>
>1)  Make sure that no Awards, nor certificates nor any other QSO
>recognition can be made for any two-way QSO's on the FM birds.

I guess that would include:

	Mir Unproto, Mir UHF Repeater,
	UO-22, KO-23,KO-25,TM-31,UO-36 unproto
	AO-16,WO-18,LO-19,IO-26 unproto (FM up)
	AO-27, SUNSAT
	and in the near future:
	ASUSAT, JAWSAT, OPAL, STENSAT

Then only AO-10, FO-20, FO-29, RS-13, RS-15 could
be used for awards.   AO-10 "sleeps" some of the
time, RS-15 has few takers, FO-20 and FO-29 are used
by only a few people during the week. I don't know about
RS-13 since I have a hard time hearing it at home because of
"Cable TV leaks".

Kind of drastic for what happens only 4 or 5 times a week
on AO-27 (Central US passes on weekends) and under 10 passes
if that many of SUNSAT over the US and Europe.

You might as well remove AO-10 because of behavior during
pile ups for that rare DX. And don't leave out RS-13 during
field day. You know all those alligators and the swishing
back and forth by inexperience operators trying to find
themselves. You might add FO-20 and FO-29 too since a lot
of people seem to use their brick amps on them during field
day.

All right, that leaves RS-15. Maybe then it will get
some use. That is the main purpose of the awards I have
read somewhere.

Can we use AO-27 Monday-Friday to set up skeds for RS-15?

If this happens it should leave lots of room for APRS to
get through the sats.

One good thing is I could save US postage by not mailing QSL
cards to all those wanting a card for their first satellite
contact. I will just send a confirmation over the Internet!!

Hey thats a use for APRS! How about adding (if it is not there
now) to the Internet APRS gateway a way for their e-mail to be
looked up so a APRS QSL confirmation message could be e-mailed
to them?

73 N7SFI  Randy

WAS OSCAR #201
  All on AO-21 FM
  Still need DE on a non FM bird

VUCC Satel1lite #15
   Most were on AO-21
   Should have a least 100 out of the 550 on SSB birds

W4AMI #10
   Most were on AO-21 & AO-27

W4AMI 5,000 #4
   5,208 log entries on SSB birds

VHF/Satellite County Award #2
   Should have at least 100 counties out of the 500 on SSB

Bob, if you succeed in getting AO-27 removed from these
awards the least you can do is go to Delaware and work
me on FO-20 or FO-29 and then send me a QSL card!!!!

I know that might be hard for you since I have only heard you
on voice twice and both of those were on AO-27.