Re: SUNSAT OVER EUROPE

Hans ZS5AKV wrote:

> It has been programmed for Saturday to give AMSAT UK an
> opportunity to test the signal for Sunday's Colloquium demonstration.
> Please allow space for the Colloquium  station to operate. They will be
> using low power.

Sunsat at the Colloquium
========================
We had five watts and 3-element beams.

On Saturday, due to administrative problems, we were not ready at AOS but
we *were* ready shortly after. The satellite was occupied continuously by
a CT1, a DJ1 and a G8 so we were unable to demonstrate to beginners how easy
it is to work satellites.

On Sunday we were ready. The satellite was occupied continuously, mainly by
a DF5, and several other stations. Some stations came in to ask people to
QRX for the Colloquium station but no-one made a QRX for us.

The beginners were impressed. I think they will *not* start satellites
themselves. Amsat-world are the losers here.

And some stations have since claimed they were the *first* stations in
europe to use SO-35. I hope they are proud; we worked hard for nothing.

Thanks are due to Hans for arranging the switch-on and also to the Sunsat
command station who checked the spacecraft a few minutes before european
AOS so we would have a chance. It is because other people were selfish
that these important demonstrations FAILED. Next year we will a) use
secret frequencies and b) *not* publish where we will be.

I am *very* disappointed.

A report about the Colloquium will be published in a few days (no - we
were not told when P3D will fly)

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org