Unproto:

   Hello,
      I am still learning about packet contacts with either MIR or the
Shuttle and I was reading some stuff on here about the command "
unproto" but I want to make sure I understand what to do. Unproto should
be either MIR or by shuttle call sign as to avoid an actual connection.
My question is , " Do they somehow acknowledge the contact ? ".
  Also , what about APRS on each flights.
      Thanks a Bunch...you guys are great.
           KF4FQT-- Steve Howland