Re: 30 years ago

Hello CT1EAT:

I enjoyed your thoughts and found I have a similar one. One of my first
memories was of my parents talking of the sinking of the Titanic. But it
wasn't until some 65 years later I realized that I was born just  1 month
and 1 day after that tragedy.  This realization came to me when I met a
ham, Harry Dryer, K4NAR, in 1978 (since SK) who had copied and delivered
welfare messages from  one of the rescue ships in that catastrophe.  I
have a tape on which he recorded for me and other hams just what he did
on July 14, 1912. Yes, the subsequent finding of the wreck , the motion
picture and anniversaries since have made me feel much closer to the
world.  Thanks for your message about the first moon landing, which I saw
on TV while I was working at a TV station..

Steve E. McCallum W2ZBY

PS  As a child  in New Jersey, USA, I had friends named Costa--which may
be as significant as knowing someone  named "Smith" here.