School speaks to Mir.

Wed. 21st July.
Around 20 students from the Renmark Primary School in the Riverland of
Sth. Australia spoke to the 3 crew of the Mir Space Station at 0448 utc
today. They asked several questions which the crew members took in
turns  to answer. The contact received extensive  media coverage which
was good for Mir and for the hobby of Amateur Radio in general.
   I would just like to thank the effort that Miles Mann and his team
put  into this to make the contact possible.   Thanks Miles.
   Because of pass times over Aust. this contact was done very early in
the morning by the crew on Mir who I thank as well for  making it all
happen.
--
                          73 de Tony....VK5ZAI.
                            |  Email: hutchja@riverland.net.au  |